All questions in "Cardiology"Ask a question most recent first
Notes about questions
Please try to answer the question first by searching Trip - do not abuse the system by asking without searching first. This could result in a poorer experience for all
Be as concise as possible, if the question is too long you can add extra detail in the ‘more information’ box. The word limit is to allow for Tweeting of the question, so boosting response rate.
Do not post patient-identifiable information (breaches will result in removal from this service).
Uncertainty is central to health care, so asking questions is normal and healthy
Do not expect an answer quickly - it may happen, we just can't tell you when!
- 5 Sep 2019 I have the recollection that alpha blockers are not recommended first line because of adverse CCD outcomes (was it ALLHAT?) but, really, should I be using them at all in primary care for hypertension? Had 74 yo gentlemen today on terazosin and ramipril for BP. Recent ER visit for hypotension recorded at home 90-110 systolic. In ER and here BP 120-130 systolic. ECG in ER: bigemeny. Holster in May sh ...
- 4 Sep 2019 which statin can be use safely in kidney failure elderly? which is safer atorvastatin or rosuvastatin in elderly kidney failure? regards
- 19 Aug 2019 Do prescription amphetamine salts increase blood pressure in patients with preexisting hypertension?
- 22 Jul 2019 Hypothyroidism treatment how often frequently it should be monitored with tests TSH, FT4
- 15 Jul 2019 slow relase compared to immitidate release metoprolol
- 15 Jun 2019 Is the "interaction" between Clopidogrel and Omeprazole clinically relevant - yes I know the warnings but what does it actually mean to an individual?
- 14 Jun 2019 Are NOACs as good or better than warfarin in a patient with antiphospholipid syndrome and a past history of unprovoked DVT
- 14 Jun 2019 What are the implications of taking Ginkgo biloba concurrently with an antiplatelet?
- 30 May 2019 How useful are statins in the elderly?