All questionsAsk a question most answers first
Notes about questions
Please try to answer the question first by searching Trip - do not abuse the system by asking without searching first. This could result in a poorer experience for all
Be as concise as possible, if the question is too long you can add extra detail in the ‘more information’ box. The word limit is to allow for Tweeting of the question, so boosting response rate.
Do not post patient-identifiable information (breaches will result in removal from this service).
Uncertainty is central to health care, so asking questions is normal and healthy
Do not expect an answer quickly - it may happen, we just can't tell you when!
- 19 Jun 2019 Among ill medical patients, what is the prevalence of abnormal urinalyses that are due to the underlying medical illness, vs abnormal urinalyses due to a co-existing urinary infection (I think I recall seeing data on this, but now cannot find it)
- 14 Sep 2019 Can the use of a lumbar belt be recommended for the prevention or treatment of low back pain?
- 14 Jun 2019 How to replace the use of ibuprofen, since its now being banned? Especially for patients in whom the use of paracetamol is not as effective as ibuprofen
- 5 Sep 2019 I have the recollection that alpha blockers are not recommended first line because of adverse CCD outcomes (was it ALLHAT?) but, really, should I be using them at all in primary care for hypertension? Had 74 yo gentlemen today on terazosin and ramipril for BP. Recent ER visit for hypotension recorded at home 90-110 systolic. In ER and here BP 120-130 systolic. ECG in ER: bigemeny. Holster in May sh ...
- 4 Sep 2019 Supplement Vitamin D in women over 65 with decreased BMD? Why is the role of PTH in preventing bone mineralization whe VitaminD is administered?
- 14 Aug 2019 mejor tratamiento para la onicomicosis
- 13 Aug 2019 Where a mother receives morphine for labour pain, should the newborn be observed for a set period of time as standard? If yes, how long? The baby may be sleepy and slow to feed. I have searched all the usual databases but cannot find evidence for a standard period of time for observations. Does it just depend on whether the baby shows ...
- 9 Aug 2019 In children with Autism Spectrum Disorder is Functional Strength Training effective in improving lower extremity muscle strength and mobility?
- 15 Jul 2019 slow relase compared to immitidate release metoprolol
- 26 Jun 2019 Is there a relationship between the incidence of asthma in children and family size?
- 18 Jun 2019 What, in your view, is/are the best examples of the use of personalised medicine?
- 30 May 2019 Which drugs help in restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- 30 May 2019 How useful are statins in the elderly?
- 24 May 2019 What is the best intervention for croup?
- 14 Sep 2019 What is the value of digital rectal examination in patients with PSA < 3? And does performing the examination raise the PSA? If so, for how long?
- 9 Sep 2019 type 2 diabetes interdisciplinary care
- 7 Sep 2019 For people who have had early stage breast cancer and who are at high risk for recurrence/mets, are there still no screening methods for Mets beyond waiting for symptoms to occur?
- 4 Sep 2019 which statin can be use safely in kidney failure elderly? which is safer atorvastatin or rosuvastatin in elderly kidney failure? regards
- 4 Sep 2019 When the woman with kidney transplantation and immunosuppression can get pregnant?
- 4 Sep 2019 what is the possible effect for giving an ACE +NSID+diuretics in elderly patients?