In order to create questions or respond to questions, you will need to be logged in.
Find out more in this blog post: Trip’s community Q&A service
Notes about questions
Please try to answer the question first by searching Trip - do not abuse the system by asking without searching first. This could result in a poorer experience for all
Be as concise as possible, if the question is too long you can add extra detail in the ‘more information’ box. The word limit is to allow for Tweeting of the question, so boosting response rate.
Do not post patient-identifiable information (breaches will result in removal from this service).
Uncertainty is central to health care, so asking questions is normal and healthy
Do not expect an answer quickly - it may happen, we just can't tell you when!
- 19 Jun 2019 Among ill medical patients, what is the prevalence of abnormal urinalyses that are due to the underlying medical illness, vs abnormal urinalyses due to a co-existing urinary infection (I think I recall seeing data on this, but now cannot find it)
- 23 Sep 2019 Does being born on the 99th centile result in obesity in childhood?
- 14 Sep 2019 Can the use of a lumbar belt be recommended for the prevention or treatment of low back pain?
- 14 Jun 2019 How to replace the use of ibuprofen, since its now being banned? Especially for patients in whom the use of paracetamol is not as effective as ibuprofen
- 25 Nov 2019 pre dialysis blood sampling is the best practice to collect blood sample if patient has a central venous catheter for dialysis : 1) The CVC or 2) the arterial port in the hemodialysis circuit?
- 1 Nov 2019 Does the measurement of venoarterial delta PCO2 give an indicator of the prognostic outcome? Initial Q: Outcome of venoarterial delta PCO2 measurement in critically ill patients
- 5 Oct 2019 What ethnicity should be used for Fijians when calculating CV risk using QRisk3?
- 3 Oct 2019 In children with pharyngitis, how useful are prediction tools to select whom to perform microbiological tests? Original question was: En menores de 18 años con faringitis, el uso de escalas de predicción clínica, ayuda a seleccionar los pacientes a los que realizar pruebas microbiológicas I clarified the qu ...
- 19 Sep 2019 How accurate are BP machines in recording pulse rate in atrial fibrillation?
- 5 Sep 2019 I have the recollection that alpha blockers are not recommended first line because of adverse CCD outcomes (was it ALLHAT?) but, really, should I be using them at all in primary care for hypertension? Had 74 yo gentlemen today on terazosin and ramipril for BP. Recent ER visit for hypotension recorded at home 90-110 systolic. In ER and here BP 120-130 systolic. ECG in ER: bigemeny. Holster in May sh ...
- 4 Sep 2019 Supplement Vitamin D in women over 65 with decreased BMD? Why is the role of PTH in preventing bone mineralization whe VitaminD is administered?
- 14 Aug 2019 mejor tratamiento para la onicomicosis
- 13 Aug 2019 Where a mother receives morphine for labour pain, should the newborn be observed for a set period of time as standard? If yes, how long? The baby may be sleepy and slow to feed. I have searched all the usual databases but cannot find evidence for a standard period of time for observations. Does it just depend on whether the baby shows ...
- 9 Aug 2019 In children with Autism Spectrum Disorder is Functional Strength Training effective in improving lower extremity muscle strength and mobility?
- 15 Jul 2019 slow relase compared to immitidate release metoprolol
- 26 Jun 2019 Is there a relationship between the incidence of asthma in children and family size?
- 18 Jun 2019 What, in your view, is/are the best examples of the use of personalised medicine?
- 30 May 2019 Which drugs help in restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- 30 May 2019 How useful are statins in the elderly?
- 19 Jan 2020 How has a patient with two pituitary apoplexies been managed ? I have come across a lady with a pituitary adenoma who developed a bleed into her pituitary after diagnosis. This is called an apoplexy which was managed conservatively. She then got pregnant an ...